The Company operates a Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP) in accordance with the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA). If a complaint is received from a client then we will strive to deal with this in a speedy and efficient manner following the procedure set out below.
- In the first instance you should contact the Negotiator who has been dealing with your Lot to explain the nature of your complaint. Your complaint will then be referred to the Director who is responsible for the area in which your property is located. You will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint.
- Once we have received your written summary of the complaint we will contact you in writing within 14 days to inform you of the understanding of the circumstances leading to the complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
- The Director now responsible for your complaint will write to you within 21 days of the receipt of your written summary to inform you of the outcome of the investigation and to let you know what actions have been, or will be, taken.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the handling of your complaint then it will be referred to James Emson, whose contact details are given below. James Emson will personally conduct a separate review and contact you within 14 days to inform you of the conclusion of the review.
- If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint then we will attempt to resolve this promptly through negotiation. If your complaint cannot be resolved we will provide details of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, which have the authority to award redress if the complaint is upheld.
The Property Ombudsman Service (TPO) – consumer estate agency complaints.
RICS Dispute Resolution Service (DRS) – business disputes in land and property.
James Emson FNAVA MNAEA
Clive Emson Auctioneers
Rocky Hill, London Road,
Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8PY
Telephone: 01622 608400