We are currently looking for a full time receptionist/administrator for our office located in Maidstone. Further details can be found below:
Location : Maidstone
Hours : 37.5 plus overtime and occasional Saturdays
Contract : Permanent Full Time
To provide a professional service to Customers and administrative support service to the Kent office, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and customer service at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer enquiries received by telephone/internet including but not restricted to auction procedure, catalogue ordering, online registration, website registration/processing problems, legal documents, completion queries. Take messages on behalf of or forward calls to other members of staff.
- Front of House – Greet and assist customers coming into the office.
- Create, update and maintain information on computerised Auction Management System.
- Post – opening, distributing and franking of post.
- Book viewings/survey appointments, mail out keys to purchasers on completed sales.
- Assist with general mailing preparations (label sticking, envelope stuffing etc).
- Contact interested parties when legal documents received, lots are withdrawn/postponed.
- Taking payment for catalogue subscriptions and auction expenses.
- Co-ordination of meeting rooms and refreshments.
- Clerical and administrative tasks as required, including audio typing.
- Attendance as requested at auction sales.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work. Co-operate fully with the management of the Company with regard to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health & Safety legislation to allow that duty or requirement to be carried out or complied with.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the management of the Company.
- Audio Typing.
- Experience in the use of desktop publishing package.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels including experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High standard of computer literacy including MS Office.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV and covering letter to
Events & Auctions Co-ordinator
Kent. ME16 8PY