A truly outstanding opportunity!
A most attractive and prominent building situated on the north-eastern side of the High Street, not far from The Esplanade, Rochester Bridge, and the recently relocated mainline railway station with its high speed services to London (about 40 minutes).
This is a Listed building within the historic Rochester Conservation Area and was built in 1909, originally used as offices for the Medway Conservancy Board. In the 1980s it became part of the adjoining Guildhall Museum.
Befitting the building’s historic past and purpose, there are many attractive and ornate features within the building and it is considered that there are a variety of potential future uses for the property, subject to all the necessary consents being obtainable.
Interested applicants are advised to make their own planning enquiries with the Local Planning Authority, the Medway Council. Tel: 01634 331700. Website: medway.gov.uk.
Feature entrance hall to side elevation, front room with further access from High Street, display room, rear room (1970s ground floor extension). Vaulted store and cloakroom with two W.C.s.
Hallway, plant room with gas boiler, three store rooms and two W.C.s.
Landing, main feature front room with two ornate fireplaces, two further rooms and office/kitchen with loft hatch access to viewing tower.
A Planning Permission Statement has been prepared in September 2018 and a copy of this will be available to download from the Clive Emson website or inspection at the Auctioneer’s Office.