Believed to date from 1602, this former public house is located in the centre of the village of Shrewton, which is approximately 11 miles north of Salisbury. The building occupies a central position within the village, and in recent years has been extensively updated and refurbished.
The property used to provide 14 rooms, with communal kitchen facilities. It is considered that the building may be ideal for continued use in the same guise or for other potential uses including residential conversion, subject to all necessary consents being obtainable.
The living accommodation is split between two distinct parts of the building, described below as Building 1 and Building 2.
Entrance hall, cloakroom with W.C., and reception room. Five double rooms, two with en-suite shower rooms with W.C.s.
Landing, shower room with W.C., and four double and one single bedroom.
Kitchen, double bedroom with kitchenette and shower room with W.C.
Landing, shower room with W.C. and three double bedrooms.
Gravel parking area. Gardens to the outside which may offer scope and potential for an extension of the existing building, subject to all necessary consents being obtainable.
Local Planning Authority
Wiltshire Council. Tel: 01225 713000. Website: wiltshire.gov.uk.
The map and satellite images are based on postcode information and are available for for directions only. The may not necessarily show the exact lot being offered, but will be in close proximity. Please refer to the sale plan in the legal documentation for precise details of the lot to be sold.