Opportunities such as this rarely come to the market! A quite stunningly situated detached character cottage tucked away in the enchanting Upper Cot Valley. Approached via its own private driveway Jasmine House is set in over six acres of Cornish countryside containing woodland, orchard, stream and a variety of outbuildings.
The property dates back to the mid-19th Century and offers well-proportioned accommodation which now requires a programme of refurbishment.
The cottage is steeped in history and most recently was the subject of a painting by British contemporary artist Kurt Jackson entitled Bosworlas Rookery, Jasmine Cottage.
Interest is anticipated from those looking to create a wonderful family home surrounded by acres of countryside to match as well as those looking for soothing tranquillity that only places such as Jasmine Cottage can offer. Others may see the possibility to further enhance the cottage through extension or the potential for development of some of the outbuildings, subject to all necessary consents being obtainable.
Entrance porch, entrance hall, dining room, kitchen, living room, shower room with W.C and conservatory.
Landing, three bedrooms and bathroom with W.C.
Private driveway and off road parking for multiple vehicles. Gardens, orchard, woodland and stream. An assortment of outbuildings in varying degrees of repair including two substantial greenhouses, Nissen style barn, garage and store buildings.
From the western outskirts of Penzance at the roundabout on the A30 take the A3071 towards St Just. After about seven miles and shortly before the town turn left onto the B3306 signposted Lands End. Follow this road for about a mile and turn left in the dip at the Kelynack Park sign just before Kelynack itself. Proceed along this lane for about half a mile and the property will be found on the right hand side (just past Fawn Glen also on the right), its driveway being tree-lined and with a large greenhouse at the entrance.
Local Planning Authority
Cornwall Council. Tel: 0300 1234 151. Website: cornwall.gov.uk.
The site extends to 2.60 hectares (6.43 acres).