Have you considered a career in auctioneering?
Clive Emson Auctioneers have been granted accreditation for the Assessment of Professional Competence for graduates by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Our company has a commitment to training auctioneers of the future and with offices in Maidstone, Brighton, Chelmsford, Fareham and Exeter can offer the location of choice.
Location : Maidstone
Hours : 37.5 plus overtime and occasional Saturdays
Contract : Permanent Full Time
To provide a professional service to Customers and administrative support service to the Kent office, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and customer service at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer enquiries received by telephone/internet including but not restricted to auction procedure, catalogue ordering, online registration, website registration/processing problems, legal documents, completion queries. Take messages on behalf of or forward calls to other members of staff.
- Front of House – Greet and assist customers coming into the office.
- Create, update and maintain information on computerised Auction Management System.
- Post – opening, distributing and franking of post.
- Book viewings/survey appointments, mail out keys to purchasers on completed sales.
- Assist with general mailing preparations (label sticking, envelope stuffing etc).
- Contact interested parties when legal documents received, lots are withdrawn/postponed.
- Taking payment for catalogue subscriptions and auction expenses.
- Co-ordination of meeting rooms and refreshments.
- Clerical and administrative tasks as required, including audio typing.
- Attendance as requested at auction sales.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work. Co-operate fully with the management of the Company with regard to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health & Safety legislation to allow that duty or requirement to be carried out or complied with.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the management of the Company.
- Audio Typing.
- Experience in the use of desktop publishing package.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels including experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High standard of computer literacy including MS Office.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
Details of how to apply can be found below
We always welcome speculative enquiries for all types of employment.
Applications by detailed CV with accompanying letter should be sent to:
Events & Auctions Co-ordinator
Kent. ME16 8PY