A very attractive detached double bay-fronted property situated near to the town centre and having for many years been occupied by offices with car parking to the front and a large rear garden.
The plot extends in total to approximately 0.10 hectares (0.26 acres). The accommodation has been well maintained and is set over three floors plus basement.
It is considered that there is potential for conversion of the property to residential units and also to develop the site with an extension to the rear, subject to the necessary consents being obtainable.
Prior notification approval was provided by Maidstone Borough Council ref: 14/506460/PNJCLA dated 9th February 2015 (now lapsed) for change of use of the building to fall within use Class C3 (dwelling houses) (seven units).
Prior to this a certificate of lawful use was issued by Maidstone Borough Council ref: MA/13/1187 dated 28th August 2013 for residential use of the building.
Planning Permission was granted on appeal dated 27th April 1990 following a planning application to Maidstone Borough Council ref: MA/88/1612E for the erection of a large two storey extension at the rear of the premises to provide additional office space, subject to conditions.
A copy of a letter from Maidstone Borough Council dated 9th July 2002 is available which confirms that the excavations for the link block and the foundation concrete were inspected in 1995.
A copy of the planning documents will be available to download from the Clive Emson website or the Local Planning Authority website.
Local Planning Authority
Maidstone Borough Council. Website: maidstone.gov.uk. Tel: 01622 602000.