The site, which extends to 0.2 hectares (0.49 acres), comprises the former Harrietsham Village Primary School, situated on the eastern edge of the village at the junction of Ashford Road and Church Road. It lies within walking distance of the village centre with its range of amenities, including railway station.
The site includes the detached former school, kitchen building, single storey building (not inspected but believed to comprise offices, staff room and toilets) and two pre-fabricated buildings (not inspected but believed to have been used as classrooms each with toilet facilities).
The buildings/site may be suitable for conversion and/or redevelopment, subject to all the necessary consents being obtainable.
Planning Permission was granted by Maidstone Borough Council under ref MA/08/1767 , dated 25th November 2009, for the development of Harrietsham old school site, including the refurbishment of the existing main school building into two two-bedroom units with additional garage. Refurbishment of existing kitchen house into one two-bedroom unit with integral garage. The construction of three three-bedroom dwellings with garages and three two-bedroom dwellings with garages, subject to conditions.
In a subsequent application, ref MA/12/2140, dated 21st February 2013, Maidstone Borough Council granted Planning Permission to replace extant planning permission MA/08/1767. This permission has also lapsed. The scheme incorporated both Lots 98 & 99.
A copy of the above planning documents, accompanying plans and other information may be obtained from Maidstone Borough Council's website.