This substantial former Army drill hall sits on a plot of 0.22 hectares (0.55 acres) accessed off St Johns Wood Road, a short drive from the centre of Ryde with all of its amenities including ferry and hovercraft connections to the mainland.
It is considered that the existing building may be suitable for other uses including residential conversion with potential for re-development of the remainder of the site. Alternatively, prospective purchasers may wish to consider re-development of the whole of the site with demolition of the existing drill hall, all of which would be subject to all necessary consents being obtainable.
The current owners have undertaken some preliminary work including a proposed scheme and flood mitigation reports which will be within the legal pack available to download from the Clive Emson website.
Local Planning Authority
Isle of Wight Council. Tel: 01983 823552. Website: iwight.com.
Held under the terms of a 999 lease from 25th December 1871. Further information will be available to download from the Clive Emson website.
Directly on site at any reasonable time.